Monday, August 30, 2010

I'm Baaaaack

Well, it's certainly been an interesting year. "Interesting" as in the Chinese curse, "May you live in interesting times." I had to have major surgery in March & the recovery time is a year, but with all my other problems, it'll be 2. So, needless to say, I haven't done as much crafting as I wanted to do.
Also, we have increased our cockatiel production so I've been very busy with those. I am now hand feeding 3 babies, a new adventure for me. That blog is: http://sevenshadesaviary.blogspot.com/. Check it out for the latest baby pix & developments.


I do have most of the patterns done for my book on Moose Lace. I am working on the Ziggy Shawl and had it finished except for the last 5 border rows when I noticed a BIG mistake in the second repeat (of 19). I ripped out almost 200 rows. I didn't cuss. Much anyway. So I'm back to near the beginning. The good news is, the pattern is so familiar that I am making fast progress in re-doing it.



Ziggy Shawl

I've also been working on fast, easy items for craft booths this fall. Using the WWII washcloth pattern, I've worked up a bunch in different colors. I'm going to make some small soaps and wrap them in the washcloths for a quick & relatively inexpensive gift or stocking stuffer.

No comments:

Post a Comment